In a word, YES, but then this would be a pointless blog if that be the case!
Every one is different and a common thread with some of my recent posts so far have been budget.
Don’t think of a wedding coordinator as a luxury for the rich and famous, see it as more of a necessity!
With the average wedding taking around 6 months to a year to plan, many are turning to Coordinators and Planners to help assist with the big day. Having a professional assist in the planning doesn’t mean you’re giving up total control of how you want your day to be planned. You decide on how much or how little you require them to be involved. The job of a Coordinator or Planner isn't to take over your day and bombard you with crazy ideas. Our main role is to oversee and liaise with suppliers and venues, make sure that your day runs like clock work and be that 'go to' person on the day.
What are the benefits and is it a good investment?
1. Helps minimise the stress when dealing with suppliers
2. Instrumental in executing all details
3. They are able to negotiate on your behalf and get vendors to stay within your budget, avoiding any costly mistakes
4. Manages your event timeline to ensure everything stays on track
5. Having a Coordinator/Planner means you have more time to enjoy your engagement. Leave the boring stuff to us!
Now that you've decided that you need one, the hard part is finding one you connect with. As with anything else, shop around, find out what is on offer, as some will provide bespoke packages, whilst others can work around your budget. We understand that some of you may have already started the planning, but just need that extra help and there will be some that need us from start to finish. Once you have found the right one for you, arrange to meet and have a chat about what you want and what you would like assistance with. Remember it's your day not ours so you have full control!